Contractors Professional Liability coverage has become just as important to a contractor as it is to an architect or engineer. New methods of service delivery have created risks and exposures that need to be understood by agents and contractors.
Contractors have a professional liability exposure when they perform or subcontract design, modify plans, change a manufacturer’s specifications, or provide professional construction management services to a project owner.
Critical Issues Involving Contractors Professional Liability Insurance
- We offer quality admitted and non-admitted markets
- Professional exposures excluded under most GL policies
- Even well written contracts can be challenged causing legal expenses for contractor
- Design build projects increase contractors risk
- Some everyday work like; dewatering and shoring may involve design services excluded under the GL policy