Please keep these safety tips in mind, so that you can enjoy the season without incident:
Shopping Safety Tips
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Don't leave purchased merchandise in your parked car where it can be seen. If you take purchases to your car and then continue shopping, always put your purchases in the trunk.
- Police advise you to remove the GPS unit and if necessary, take it with you. That includes even the suction cup, if that can be removed.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Pay for purchases with checks, credit or debit cards. Carry your cash and wallet in a front pocket to reduce your chances of having your pocket picked.
- NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- ALWAYS park in lighted areas. Do NOT park in remote areas.
- Shop with a friend.
- Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
- As you return to your car, be sure to keep your car keys in your hand.
- If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
- Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
Route 66 Insurance is a full-service Independent Insurance Agency. With over 23 years of experience in the insurance industry, we are the company you can trust. If you need a home, auto, renters, boat, RV, life, health, commercial, bond insurance, or annuities, we are the name you can trust. Whether you have the ideal history, preferred companies desire, or a not so perfect history, we find the right coverage, with the best company, at the best rate for you. As an independent insurance agent we can offer the right coverage(s) with the personal touch you would expect from your neighborhood insurance agent. Give us a call today for a free no-obligation quote.